vendredi 11 mars 2016

Several QRP contacts since last post

Nothing exotic. Several east coast of USA stations.  Last night worked W3DF and received an RST 569 report. My rig was the the Heathkit HW-8 at 1 watt. Despite it's lack of RIT and effective filtering, when the frequency is free of QRM and received signal is stable, the HW-8 offers more fun than frustration. I am amazed just how stable this HW-8 transmitter is.

What I would really like is another Ten-Tec analog Century 21, the last physically "big" low power transceiver. Think it was rated at about 30 watts input.

4 commentaires:

  1. Good morning Dick, very nice contact state side with 1 watt and with reading your blog over the past while the Heath kit sure is doing a great job! As a side note I hope your YL is progressing well and will be home with you soon.
    73 and our thoughts and prayer for her
    Mike

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Hi Mike Thanks for your comment. Well, my YL has been back home a couple of weeks now. Tires very easily and sleeps a great deal. Not unexpected. A long way to go. Future medical consultations ahead. 73 Dick

      Supprimer
  2. Hi Dick, yes the Ten Tec stuff is really good. It's a pity we can't buy Ten Tec in Europe. I make so now and then a QRP QSO. Not very active at the moment, I was busy finishing the photos of NYC. This week I will finish the video and then back to the radio. 73 Paul PC4T

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Hi Paul. I had a lot of T-T gear over the years, QRP and QRO. I think my favorite was the analog Century 21. Simplicity itself and would be more appreciated as the years go by...my years at any rate. Had it new when first released...and wish I still had it. Another of my stupid sales. 73 Dich

      Supprimer